Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Up Close And Personal with Patti Roberts Author or the Paradox Series


Where do you call home? I consider 2 places home. Darwin In Australia, where I grew up. My heart will always think of Darwin as home. And Cairns Australia where I have now lived for 20 years.

Do you have plans for a new book? My next book which is part 2 in the Paradox Series – Progeny Of Innocence, will be finished for a November 2011 release as an ebook. I’m really excited about this 2nd book. It’s deep, dark and very evil.

What inspired you to write your first book? A broken heart. I really wanted to pick myself up and do something positive for me – writing was my own personal therapy for the last 2 years. Heart all fixed now!

How did you come up with the title and cover design? I like the word Paradox and the meaning. It makes you think, see things from other perspectives. And the cover I ended up using for book 1 is kind of dark and mystic, gothic I thought. I liked it, it suited the story. It is by the talented artist Hazel Brown from Overland Park, United States.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life? Yes… And there are lots of bits of trivia throughout the book that mostly only I know about. Like the little friend of Grace’s Patrick Wheat, that dies in the book. I used the name Patrick to honour the life & death of Patrick Swayze. And the boys surname “Wheat” was the surname of the character the Patrick Swayze plays in the movie “Ghost”. That is just one example.

What books have most influenced your writing most and why? You know I would have to say, and don’t shoot me, that movies have influenced me more. I see a great movie and it makes me want to read the book. Know more about the story and characters as only a book can do.

What book are you reading now? Lots, but just recently I read 19 minutes my Jodi Picoult and really enjoyed it. I am presently halfway through The Passage by Justin Cronin. It is a long…dark story with lots of characters so you feel like you are reading lots on books in one which I am quite enjoy. And A Job From Hell by Indi Author Jayde Scott. A YA fantasy about a young woman that has been swept up into the magical world of vampires, angels and more.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest and why? I would have to Say Amanda Hocking – WOW, how inspirational has that girls success story been!

Is there anything you would change in your last book and why? From some of my readers/reviewers’ comments I would have to say that “Abaddon” – you will understand when you read it – should have played a bigger part in the story. People LOVE HIM. But readers will have to wait until book 2 because book 2 (The Progeny Of Innocence) is where Abaddon is at his most evil best.

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to your writing? Time! Bears would have made great writers when they hibernate during the winter months. What with nothing else that is required of their attention…

Who designed the cover? Book 1 – Hazel Brown from Overland Park, United States.

Do you have a book trailer? Oh yes, it took me forever and I still would like to tweak it some more, but you have to stop somewhere. Youtube – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEm38U2gN

Do you have any advice for other writers? Never say never. Never give up. Never stop reading. Never stop dreaming… Because dreams can come true.

Best place to buy the book:
Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27156 (all formats)

And for anyone that has ever suffered a broken heart

This is for you.

Patti Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...