Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Up Close & Personal With Author Helmy Kusuma


Where do you call home?

Anywhere as long as I feel peace and love.

What is your book about?

My first book tells the story of me -- disguised in fiction, of course -- of how I got to write my first book. It's a romance.

If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

You are doing a wonderful job, Helmy. Keep it up! Create more character, I am lonely here.

Do you have plans for a new book?

Ah, you've read my mind. I am currently finishing my second book and am planning for the third.

What inspired you to write your book?

The world at large. There are too many interesting things in life that pass unnoticed.

Would you like to be contacted by readers to do book reviews?

Well, of course! I will be honoured.

How did you come up with the title and cover design?

They sort of descended from the heaven.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?

Certainly. I like to ground my story.

What books have most influenced your writing most and why?

I could not deny the contribution Oxford dictionary has given me.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

It would be awesome to meet Plato, Aristotles or Pythagoras.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcovers?

I prefer ebooks. Hey, I am a little green man.

Have you ever read a book more than once?

Yes. Rarely. I remember books I've read, so it would be boring to read them again.

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?

Nope.

What book are you currently reading?

Peony by Pearl S. Buck.

What book do you know that you will never read?

Probably all books about politics and government.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest and why?

Ah, there are too many, but I would like to mention a special one, Helmy Kusuma. Why? Need you to ask?

Is there anything you would change in your last book and why?

Nope. I will just keep any interesting bits for my later books.

Who designed the cover of your book?

Myself. I am new. I have no big budget. Go, buy my book so I will be able to hire an illustrator.

Do you have a book trailer?

Nope.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

First, read. Second, re-read. Third, repeat first and second. Fourth, repeat third. And so on.

How long have you been writing? Since I have been able to scribble a, b, c.

Have you always wanted to be a writer? Not until last year ( 2010 ).


Do you remember your first writing attempts? Yes, because Mementoes of Mai is my first.


What genre/s have you been writing in? What other genres would you like to pursue? Romance. I always believe the world can use a little more romance, but of course fantasy and science fiction are tempting.


What is/are the main theme/s of your latest book? What was it inspired by?

Journey that triggers soul searching. Love. It was inspired by my experiences.


What goals do you set out to achieve when you start writing a new book?

My goal is to be able to depict my imagination.

Are you a fast or a slow writer? How long does it take you to write a book?

I can be a fast one when the deadline approaches, otherwise I consider myself normal-paced writer.


Do you ever base physical appearance of your characters on people you know, portraits or actors? Any examples or images that you'd like to share?

Yes, I base my characters roughly on the memory of persons I've met.


Introduce the main characters from your latest book. Who are they? Let them speak for themselves. What would they like to say?

Helmy : Ah, I am here! At last! You've made it.

Mementoes of Mai

"One man decides to visit his past..
Ends up falling in love..
And along comes the journey that will bring him to meet...
Himself"

The story of a man who works as an IT staff and is forced to take a leave lest it will be erased for the next year of finance.
He chooses Vietnam based on a photo he glimpsed earlier on the newspaper and is soon brought into a journey of a lifetime.
Thus his inner journey for love begins...

Where can your readers follow you?

My blog: http://www.helmykusuma.com

My book's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EL.Publish

My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4576592.Helmy_Kusuma

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/hanzpk


Follow this blog to keep up with Authors updates and promotions.

Patti Roberts - Supporting Authors.

Thank you for dropping by, please leave a comment and say Hi.


Paradox - The Angels Are Here.

Book trailer Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IovcxyZTFuU

facebook - http://tinyurl.com/3woe84l

twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/PattiRoberts7

blog - http://theangelsarehere.wordpress.com/


5 comments:

  1. Great Interview! Didn't know Helmy was a romantic at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well see what you have learned by dropping by :) Hope to see you again sometime. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting questions--and answers-- in this interview. As per your offer above, I would like to be interviewed by you. My book is Big Dragons Don't Cry http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MYFND4

    I can be reached at http://www.acragonsguide.com/emailme.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi C M Barrett, can you forward me you contact email. thanks Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi C.M. Barrett - your post - http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogspot.com/2011/06/big-dragons-dont-cry-dragons-guide-to.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...