Sunday, May 29, 2011

Up close & Personal With Author Jeff M. Poole


Where do you call home? I currently live in Lake Havasu City, AZ. Land of Eternal AC!

What is your book about? My book is about a man and his wife who are accidentally transported to another world when a mysterious doorway in their newly inherited house is activated. Stranded, they search for a way to return home. After they enlist the aid of the local king and queen, they are shocked to discover their arrival had been long prophesized and now they are named protectors to the young prince, only son of the king and queen.

Do you have plans for a new book? Yes, a sequel to this book is nearly done. Bakkian Chronicles, Book II - Insurrection

What inspired you to write your book? A previous job I had required me to do extensive travelling, thus spending a lot of time in hotel rooms. My wife encouraged me to write a story to help break the monotony of being away from home. I have had this story bouncing around in my head for a while, so the Bakkian Chronicles were born!

Would you like to be contacted by readers to do book reviews? Absolutely!

How did you come up with the title and cover design? The title came to me when I started researching prospective names. I wanted a word that wasn’t in use anywhere, either as a proper noun or a place, or even a fictitious place. Believe it or not, “Bakkian” came to me within seconds. As for the cover design, it was done by an amazing artist from California. I found him on a website called DeviantArt.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life? I certainly did. The main characters, the husband and wife, are based on myself and my wife. I’ve since tailored a few characters to resemble their real-life counterparts.

What books have most influenced your writing most and why? Hmmm, I’d say Tolkein’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. I was able to paint such a vivid picture in my head just by reading the words he wrote. I started thinking, could I ever do that? So I tried. I don’t think I’m nearly as effective as Tolkein was. For that matter, I don’t think anyone could be.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? Dan Brown. Such a fabulous writer. His books have a way of drawing you into the story with alacrity it’s amazing. By the time you surface for air, hours, and I mean HOURS have passed.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcovers? Lately, I prefer ebooks. However, some books I still read the hardcover version.

Have you ever read a book more than once? All the time.

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version? A movie, based on a book, where the movie was better... Sorry, none that I can think of. The closest was the Lord of the Rings trilogy by Peter Jackson.

What book are you currently reading? Wolfsong, by fellow indie author J.H. Sked

What book do you know that you will never read? Twilight.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest and why Robert Day. Aussie author that has managed to get me interested in darker fantasy than I normally would. EH Jones, author of Door to Canellin. He did a fantastic job. I had no problems imagining his protagonist suffering through the angst of being a teenager, struggling to fit in with society, and then thrust into a foreign world.

Is there anything you would change in your last book and why? Not really. I have gone through my book so many times that I actually look forward to finishing the story and then being able to focus on the next.

Who designed the cover of your book? For my first book, it was an artist from California. Screen name “DAA-Truth” from the DeviantArt website. Did an awesome job! For the sequel, coming out soon, I found an author in Indonesia that is fantastic and up to the challenge of creating the cover that I outlined for him.

Do you have a book trailer? At this time, no. I’m toying with the idea of creating one.

Do you have any advice for other writers? Keep writing and don’t give up. If you’re like me and are an indie author, keep up your “self promotion” attempts. Make friends on the forums. Get some reviews from unbiased people under your belt. Be able to handle constructive criticism. If you have difficulties handling negative feedback, then I would say you’re in the wrong field.

Where can your readers follow you? My blog: www.Lentari.com

My book's facebook page: I stay away from Facebook.

My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4595804.Jeffrey_Poole

Biography

Jeffrey M. Poole is a freelance computer tech living in sunny Lake Havasu City, AZ, with his wife, their Welsh Corgi, Keeley, and two cats.

Jeff's interests include astronomy, scuba diving, writing, and tinkering with any electronic gadget he can get his hands on.

This biography was provided by the author or their representative.

Follow this blog to keep up with Authors updates.

Patti Roberts - Supporting New Authors.

Thank you for dropping by, please leave a comment and say Hi.


Paradox - The Angels Are Here.

Book trailer Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IovcxyZTFuU

facebook - http://tinyurl.com/3woe84l

twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/PattiRoberts7

blog - http://theangelsarehere.wordpress.com/







2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti!

    Wanted to say thanks again for helping my book gain more exposure!

    I'll let you know when I release book II! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome - keep in touch - will help whenever I can :) Patti Roberts

    I'm and Author too so I know how important it is to promote your work whenever possible.

    http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Angels-Are-Here-ebook/dp/B004QTOQQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A24IB90LPZJ0BS&s=books&qid=1306779299&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...