Thursday, June 2, 2011

Paradox Book Review by Julie – WOW!

Julie
May 2011

Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars

I liked Paradox. I was torn between 4 and 5 stars, in the end, I decided the quite original plot was worth five stars.

The plot is new, it’s different, it’s something that hasn’t been done before. Good angels vs evil angels. I read a lot of paranormal literature, so the paranormal elements were already a plus point. Combine that with the element of the angel houses fighting one another over power and mortals, and it truly made for a great read with a good twist. I found the idea very interesting. It’s a perspective that was new to me, and I can say it might be even one I’ll embrace for the future because it sounds believable.

However, it took me a while to get into it because the plot is very elaborate, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. There is plenty of world building which sets a good basis for books to follow.

I’m a sucker for elaborate world building, so that definitely hit a soft spot with me. If you don’t get into it straight away, keep on reading, and you’ll understand why the description’s necessary. It’s really worth reading on.

From the two parts of the book I preferred the angel part because it captured a new world view and perspective on spirituality. The writing was good with great description and good character development (particularly the little girl). I also found the action refreshing.

It certainly held my attention so much that I’m sure the plot was what kept me glued to this book more than the characters.

I would definitely get the next book in the series to find out what happens next.

If you like a fast-paced story with new paranormal elements and well-developed characters, you will surely not be disappointed.

Thoroughly recommended.




Buy the ebook at Amazon

Buy the ebook at Smashwords - formats for all ereaders.

Buy the ebook at Barnes & Noble

Available for $7.99 in paperback soon

facebook - http://tinyurl.com/3woe84l

twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/PattiRoberts7

blog - http://theangelsarehere.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...