Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am a blogger and my blog is called After The Book




I'm turning the tables around to find out more about 
our fabulous bloggers! 
 
You all spend so much time promoting Authors
that I thought it would be nice to get to know all 
of you a little better :) 

Where do you call home?
Currently I call Alaska home.

How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for roughly 4 months off and on.

What is the name of the book that you most recently blogged about?
My last review was for The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson and my last interview was with author Collette Scott who wrote Forever Sunshine and Hannah's Blessing.

What did you think about the cover?
I loved the cover of TSE!  I thought is was brilliant.  I was fascinated with the cover for FS because I learned through my interview that it was actually a picture that Collette took herself.   (-:

If you could ask the author 3 questions what would they be?
I already asked Collette everything possible, but for Jandy, I think I would ask how closely the story of Lennie is connected to real life events.
I would ask How did you turn in a manuscript that wasn't drenched in tears.  I would also ask When will you release another novel for me to suffer through.

Can you name one of your favorite chapters?
I really couldn't, the entire thing was so lyrical and beautifully written that it would almost be an insult to just pick one chapter.

What was your most favorite character and why?
In TSE I loved Lennie.  She is a beautiful character who begins her story struggling to deal with the loss of her sister whom she was extremely close to.
On her journey to overcome grief, we see her blossom into an amazing young woman who makes choices that we wouldn't necessarily agree with but that we can relate to. It is how whe chooses to deal with her choices that makes me love her and the story that she has to tell.
.
Was this a book you were asked to review of did you buy it?
I purchased this book because of what other bloggers had to say about it. (:

Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?
I am not a writer, I am a reader.  :)

What genre is your favorite and why?
I love Dystopian stories and well as Healing stories.
Dystopian is great because there is always a protagonist that has an enourmous feat to overcome. Whether it be physical or emotional, I love to follow characters whose triumphs over these feats create a sense of accomplishment and empowerment.
Stories of Healing are important for two reasons, one, I love to be encouraged by the characters ability to overcome the feeling of helplessness, and two, I love to cry.  :-)

What are 3 of your all-time favorite books and why?
A Bridge to Teribithia by Katherine Paterson--This is the book showed me how to cope with everything. Elementary school.
Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews--This is the first book that I ever read where I locked myself in my room to finish it in one sitting.  High school.

The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer--These books reminded that reading was enjoyable.--Adult
*There are of course an infinite number of books out there that I love, many of them more than those listed, but these 3 selections helped to form the reader that I am today so they will always have a special place on my bookshelf of Best Loved Books.

Is there an author that you would really like to meet?
I am dying to meet Maggie Steifvater!  She is all things wondrous and strange both through her writing and her Vlogs.  I admire her.  (-:

Do you prefer eBooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Hardcover definitely. While ebooks are enviornmentally friendly, nothing can replace the feeling of opening your book to that first page and taking in the sound of the spine giving just a little and the feeling of participating in the story by turning to the next page.


Where do you prefer to buy you books?
Wherever they can be purchased either the cheapest or the quickest, depending on how long I have been waiting for it's release. Usually though I just go down to my B&N.

Have you ever read a book more than once?
Yes and no.  I read all of the books that I purchase.  If I truly loved it, I will go down to the library and borrow it on audio book if it is available and listen to it a couple of more times.

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
Absolutely not!  There has yet to be a visual version of a book that has outdone the written version.  (-:

What book do you know that you will never read? 
I can't say that there is one for sure that I will never read, but there are many that I will not go out of my way to come by.

Are there any new Authors that have grabbed your attention recently and why?
Veronica Roth, Lauren Oliver, and Ally Condie.  They each have written a dystopian story that left me panting for more.

What are your thoughts on book trailers?
I love them. I think that they are insturmental in connecting the visual reader to a book.

Do you ever blog in your PJ's?
Definitely

Cats or dogs?
2 Fish

Favorite Food?
Fried Rice

Vanilla or Chocolate icream?
There is only Tillamook Vanilla Bean.  All other flavors are non-existent!

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
That is tough, I don't really watch TV at all and movies, I love going to them.  I can't say that I really haven't enjoyed any of the movies that I've seen recently.

Where can your readers follow you?
Twitter:  @Lenmeo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Patti soo much for interviewing me. I am grateful for the turn of the tables, it was fun (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it most certainly was Lenmeo (Elizabeth). Authors owe a lot to people like you!! I for one, am very greatful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...