Thursday, September 1, 2011

My name is Fran. And I am a blogger! This is my blog Vampyre Gurls Book Club

Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born in East Norwalk CT & home is still in CT


How long have you been blogging? Off and on for about 2 years. I wish I had more time to commit to my blog. I feel bad neglecting it. 

What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?
 EVE by Anna Carey 

What did you think about the cover? 
It was beautiful and haunting. I understood it by the end of the book. 

If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be? 
Why did the main character Eve seem very "cold" on occasion? Where did the main idea of the book come from? Did you intend to make the ending so frustratingly cliff hanger-ish? 

Can you name one of your favorite chapters?
 One that stands out is near the beginning. Chapter 5. She has been on the run for a little over a week and runs into a girl she knew from school & the realization of her actions is finally sinking in. 

What was you most favorite character and why?
 Eve, the main character. I have mixed feelings about Eve. I saw her as the one who would go back and save her classmates from a horrific nightmare, strong, friendly, a bit naive. BUT a few things happened that maybe me scratch my head. I thought "Hmmm..Is she TRULY that cold and insensitive, was I duped? or is it easier for her to cope holding it all in and presenting a strong front to protect herself in this wild, crazy, strange, new world without rules?"  These questions in my head keep me wanting to learn more. 

If this book was part of a series, would you read the next book?
MOST DEF! I hope it there is a part 2. 
Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it?
I found it on Net Galley and gave it a shot. 

Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?
I would LOVE to but i have horrific grammar so I would need a great editor..lol..
What genre is your favorite and why?
As of now I dig YA BUT I am not closed to all of the other genres out there. I have discovered INCREDIBLE books by going outside of my "book comfort zone" 

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?
Only 3? Hmmm... One would be a book of short stories so I could pace them out and have something new to read more than once in the same book after the other 2 books were finished. The other 2 would be Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume & One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? VC Andrews! Her books got me through middle and part of HS and adulthood too..
Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? I am terribly hard on PB's so I guess hardcovers or e books. 

Where do you prefer to buy your books? Amazon.com, Smashwords, stores, paperback swaps, used book stores, etc. 
Have you ever read a book more than once? A lot of them I have read more than a few times..

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version? 
Vampire Diaries. I tried and tried to get into the book series but something never clicked. I absolutely adore the show. 
 
Patti says:  Me too! (Damon)
What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?  I am reading a book an author sent me called : Blood Calling by Joshua Grover- David in e book form

What book are you about to start reading? I honestly have not figured that out yet. 
Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Quite a few: Joshua Grover-David, Patti Roberts, Evelyn LaFont, JL Bryan, M Boyd..to name a few..The titles I  have read by these authors are fresh and offering something new and exciting to the genre they represent. 

Patti Says:  Well that is nice to know - thank you!

What are your thoughts on book trailers? Properly done a book trailer can hype up a book that otherwise would of gone unnoticed. I enjoy a good book trailer. Plenty have gotten me happy and anticipating a books release. 


Do you ever blog in your PJ’s? Doing it now ;) lol..

Sleep in or get up early?
 
 SLEEP IN! Nothing better than getting up late & chilling in bed reading b4 you have to wake up for good. Dog by your feet, cat by your side, Fall season air & sun streaming in the windows, or watching the flakes of snow dance about outside while laughing at the cold wind as you snuggle under your blankie. 

Pet peeves? 
Oh boy..lolz..Well..I honestly can put up with a lot. I guess it would have to be rumor spreaders & ppl that make nasty, snide remarks, etc. really upset me.

What is on your Christmas wish list? a winning lotto ticket

Patti says: Hey mine too :)
How often do you blog? not as much as I should


How many books do you read in a month - roughly? 5 or 6
What are 5 items you never leave home without : cell phone, tablet w/fully loaded ereader apps, lip gloss, medicines, hat

What is your most favorite electronic gadget? Right now it's my Tablet. I love love my tab. It's Flash enabled so I can do sooo many cool things & it's the ultimate e book reader! 

Favorite book character or film character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)
Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel (vampire with a soul) Sammy Winchester from Supernatural. Oh yeah Damon from Vampire Diaries and Cass from Supernatural..
 
Patti Says: A Supernatural episode without Cass is just not the same!

A character you love to hate. Angelus (Angels vampire persona before he was rein-souled by the gypsies)
Cats or dogs? I ADORE kitties but I love doggies too. I think both. 

White wine or red? A LOT OF BOTH! lolz..
Coffee or tea? Pumpkin Spice Latte's 

Vanilla or chocolate icecream? Mint Choco Chip


What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed? Planet of The Apes (the new 2011 one) & a scy fy show called Being Human & Sons of Anarchy & The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad..I love tv..

Where can we STALK you?


My Goodreads page: www.goodreads.com/user/show/2953794-fran-coleman
Twitter: @VampyreGurlsBC

Other: www.blogaholicnetwork.com/profile/FranColeman
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your blogging world. 

Thank you for sharing and thank you for blogging.  Patti

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the interview it was really fun :) Thank you for allowing me to pick more than 2 crushes :)
    Had a gr8 time and cant wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...