Thursday, September 8, 2011

My name is Leah. And I am a blogger! This is my blog - YA Series and Trilogies


Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born in Memphis, TN. I currently live in Florida, but I consider Dothan AL. my home. 
 
How long have you been blogging? I just started.
 
What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about? Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
 
What did you think about the cover? It’s ok.
 
If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be? Who has been your biggest supporter throughout your writing journey? What advice would you give to aspiring teen writers? Did anyone ever tell you that you were crazy for thinking you could make it in the writing business?
 
Can you name one of your favorite chapters? 18.
 
What was your most favorite character and why? Peeta Mellark, and Finnick. Peeta, because he’s such an amazingly sweet guy. Finnick, because he was really amazing when it came to helping Peeta, and Katniss stay alive in the arena.
 
If this book was part of a series, would you read the next book? Absolutely!
 
Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it? I rented it from the library. =)
 
Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future? I am currently in the process of writing my debut novel which will be the first installment in a five book series. 
 
Patti Says:  that is great!
 
What genre is your favorite and why? YA paranormal romance. I love YA because I love seeing teens having to deal with adult situations, and I love watching them mature into adults throughout the book. And I love Paranormal romance because I just love seeing chicks fall for the bad boy paranormal dude. 
 
If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you? The Bible, The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong, and Dark Moon by Alyson Noel.
 
Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? Alyson Noel, and Kelley Armstrong are major inspirations to me, and my writing, and I would just flip at the chance to meet them. 
 
Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? Paperbacks, and hardcover. 
 
Where do you prefer to buy your books? Walmart, Sam’s, Target. 
 
Have you ever read a book more than once? Yes, All Things Even Frisky, and Secret In The Maple Tree are books from my childhood that I have read at least twenty times a piece. 
 
Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version? I prefer the Twilight movies to the book.
 
Patti says: me too.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)? I’m currently reading Fallen by Lauren Kate in paperback form.

What book are you about to start reading? Nightshade by Andrea Cremer also in paperback.
 
What book do you know that you will never read? The Mortal Instruments, and The House of Night series.
 
Patti Says:  How come? (you can reply in the comments)
 
Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why? Amy Kathleen Ryan, because her debut novel Glow was amazing. 
 
Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of? Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan.
 
Patti says:  How would you change it?
 
What are your thoughts on book trailers? I don’t really see many trailers.
 
Do you have a favorite book cover? Chose up to 3 if you like. Burn by Addison Moore, Fallen by Lauren Kate. 
 
Do you ever blog in your PJ’s? All the time. =) 
 
Sleep in or get up early? On school days I’m up early, but during the weekend its all about the zzz’s.

Pet peeves? Don't really have any.


What is on your Christmas wish list? Nothing but YA fiction.


If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be? Me getting about fifty books for Christmas.


How often do you blog? As much as possible.


How many books do you read in a month - roughly? Ugh…..maybe three, since school started back. I’m in the 11th grade, and I keep wanting to put my schoolbooks down for some YA fiction, but I have to remind myself that as much as I like it its not going to get me into college so I mostly read on the weekends.
 
Favorite color? Red, and purple.
 
What are 5 items you never leave home without. A book, mints, mp3, lip gloss/stick, cell phone. 
 
What is your most favorite electronic gadget? My cell phone, and laptop. But I want a kindle more than anything. 
 
Patti says:  I love my kindle!  Make sure you put that on your Xmas list!

Favorite book character or film character crush. Yes you can pick 2 :) Derek, from The Darkest Powers Trilogy is everything I want in a bad boy crush. Damen, from The Immortals series.
 
A character you love to hate. Tamani, from the Laurel Series.
 
Cats or dogs? Kittens, and puppies.
 
White wine or red? I’m 16 I don’t drink. Even if I were 21 I still wouldn’t drink, I like my brain cells. ;)
 
Coffee or tea? Root beer.
 
Favorite food? Black pitted olive.
 
Vanilla or chocolate icecream? Strawberry. 
 
What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed? Teen Wolf! I <3 Stiles!
 
Where can we STALK you?
My facebook page:
My Goodreads page: www.goodreads.com/leahzbookz

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your blogging world. Patti

3 comments:

  1. It's really cool that you feature bloggers like this!

    ~your newest follower

    www.theclumsycoquette.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Bloggers are welcome to fill in the interview questions :) Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Patti,

    I clicked on the link for Leah's blog and there seemed to be a problem with the link. Though I know I'm probably making a mistake, the twitter like doesn't connect to her profile either. Just thought I'd let you know.

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...