Monday, April 23, 2012

Author Interview - A.D. Duling The Anna Kippling Series (book 1 free)

Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Jacksonville, Fl. I call home now...Jacksonville, Fl.

Tell us about something that has just happened or is about to happen in your life that you would like to share.
My interview will be posted by the great Patti Roberts on her blog- The Patti Robert's Book Blog

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
The Stones #3 of the Anna Kippling Series
Bad guy vs. good girl… a hot hunk and a few more friends, that uses magic & wit and maybe a few tricks to get some stones. - and two words to spare:0)

If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
Anna- "Really?"

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Of course.
Molly Woodhaven- Stories of her adventures and other extraordinary experiences- (Children's 8-10)
The Other Vampire- sequel to One of Them (Urban Fantasy)
The Battle #4 of The Anna Kippling Series (Paranormal Romance /Epic Fantasy -I'm indecisive:0)

And a few more...
What books have influenced your writing?
Hmmm... to many...
R.L. Stine - Fear Street Series
Danielle Steel- she made me a romantic and dramatic
L. J. Smith--REad the Vampire Diaries in HS- hence Vampire lover...
so many more...
 

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Dean Koonz- I would love to pick his brain.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
cool with ebooks, prefer paperback over hard, cost really.

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Amazon these days- ebooks - but I do still buy a paperback from time to time.
 

Are you a self published (Indie) Author?
INDIE- through and through!

What book would you like to read again?
Jewels- Danielle Steel

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?
So far never have...
 

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
ebook- The Grimsley Hollow Series -The chosen one By: Nicole Storey

Are there any Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
H.P. Mallory- love her writing style and clever books
Emlyn Chand- Farsighted- She's on my reading list...
Stephanie Meyer--yes I was one of the last to read her series and have not finished... I cheated
and jumped ahead and read the last one to keep up with the movies..sorry Stephanie!
Suzanne Collins- The Hunger games- My friend Angela wants to beat me b/c I haven't read the series yet, but pretty much have
since my daughter tells me everything..I will read it though...

Who designed the cover of your book?
I did.
Do you buy a book by the cover?
Yes and then did my own stuff :0)

Do you have a book trailer?
Yes, but not the greatest, I am not the most tech savvy

What are your thoughts on book trailers?
Awesome! I'm jealous of many!

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Keep a notebook and pencil nearby.
Story map- my kids call it that
Patience and determination too

Do you write under a pen name?
kind of- A.D. Duling

What date were you born? - you can leave off the year if you like.
June 3, 1978


Do you have a nickname?
Not really, sometimes Alish- how original is that:0)


Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
Barbie--although I always had to buy Midge (blame my sister)

An early childhood memory -
My Dad was in Japan for a tour and he sent us home some Wonder woman t-shirt and undies. my sister and I could have sworn we were jumping high like her as we watched ourselves in the mirror.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
All the time.


What are your pet peeves?
litering & pride 

Any pets that you would like to tell us about, share a pic?
I have 3 dogs(daschunds and a miniature cockapoo)
1 cat my husband rescued
2 Guinea pigs (scattle & fuffie-she's mine)
2 turtles
 

White wine or red?
I actually do not drink wine.

Coffee or tea?
Neither...I like hot cocoa
 
So you like to cook? Do you have a favorite food?
kind of...meatloaf
Dessert- Pumpkin dump cake

Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream?
Vanilla- but only french

What do you normally eat for breakfast, of do you skip it and get straight to work?
cereal, shake, toast... not all together though

What are 4 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?
notebook & pen
most of the time a kid
 and 2 tampons (one for me and one for friend- even newly met)


Sleep in or get up early?
always up at 7, thank the kids :0)
 

Laptop or desktop for writing?
laptop with a keyboard plugged into it

Your favorite gadget - 
crockpot

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
at my desk now a days..anywhere else kills my neck and back
(I have such a deep arch...poo)

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad - 
So far I have not gotten a bad one, but I have only gotten a tiny few
I do know I will get a bad one eventually, there are always those unhappy folks...

If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?
Johnny Depp- he's been there- well sorta
Tom Hanks & Wilson--three years on that Island for that movie...he's gotta know.
Christopher Reeve- he's superman- he can fly us off--no wait... RIP Christopher Reeve
we love you!


Where is one place in the world that you would really love to visit someday?
Greece 
 

One of your favorite quotes -
"It is better to try and fail, than to wonder what if..."- that was mine.
"People can only hurt you as much as you let them"- Eleanor Roosevelt
 
List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
Bone Dust & Beginnings (Alexa's Travels)
Dumb White Husband vs. The Grocery Store (Benjamin Wallace)
Coffee Break Story - Unfinished Business (Catherine Daly)
 

List 3 of your favorite movies?
Pride & Prejudice - the one with Kiera Knightly
Harry Potter of course!
and
IT's a wonderful life

An actor or a book character you have a crush on -
actor- Brendan Fraisier- could i have watched The Mummy too much?
character- Hayden (Anna Kippling Series)- his personality is of my husbands...

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and really enjoyed?
Once Upon a Time



If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? Feel free to add pics.
Anna- a fresh discovery
Hayden- Zach Efron - but he would have to dye his hair blonde
Val- Dakota Fanning
The Chancellor (he's young)- Jackson Rathbone

Where can your readers stalk you?
www (dot) adduling (dot) com
 

My facebook page:www(dot)facebook (dot)com/adduling
 
My Goodreads author page: http://bit.ly/wIolKC 

alishia.jpgTwitter:
@adduling 

Amazon:
Is your book in Print, ebook or both?
ebook
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...