Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Author Interview - Lana Davison - Don’t You Remember?


Where can your readers stalk you?


Hi Lana, where were you born and where do you call home? 

I was born in Canberra, Australia. I also lived in Sydney and in Noosa for a few years.  I now live in England.  Some of you might follow me on Twitter, if so, you might see me post my annoyance with the UK weather.  Home - this is a difficult question for me to answer.  Australia will always be my home, but so will England because right now England is where my children go to school and husband works.  I do believe I will return to live in Australia one day.

Tell us about something that has just happened or is about to happen in your life that you would like to share.

I just released on my first novel on 6 June 2012, so that’s pretty major.  I am planning on releasing a trilogy called Avalon later this year.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?

My book is called Don’t You Remember by Lana Davison.
A rock and roll raunchy love story that defies time.  About a sixteen year old girl who falls for a musician.

Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?

I am planning on releasing a trilogy called Avalon later this year.

Next year I will write a follow up story for Don’t You Remember - due to demand.  Some reader reviews said they want to know more about what happens to the couple over the years.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
I like reading ebooks on my Kindle. Kindles are the best.

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Amazon.

Are you a self published (Indie) Author?

I am self published and I’m proud of that.  The industry has changed so much and even if I went with an agent and publisher I would still be expected to self promote and then pay the majority of royalties over to the publisher and agent.  It’s tough out there, and I don’t like self promoting, but I know if I don’t do it, no one else will.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?

50 Shades Darker E J James on my Kindle

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins on my Kindle

Who designed the cover of your book?
The fabulous Patti Roberts. 

Patti Says: I enjoyed every minute of it!

Do you buy a book by the cover?
A good book cover is the first thing to grab my interest, followed by the book description.

Do you have a book trailer?
No.

What are your thoughts on book trailers?
I think book trailers are great if you get it right.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Be thick skinned and have lots of perseverance.

Do you write under a pen name?
No.

What date were you born? - you can leave off the year if you like.
28 August

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
Sometimes.

What are your pet peeves?
Procrastination.

Any pets that you would like to tell us about, share a pic?
My tenacious Jack Russell Archie, who likes to sit by my side when I write.

White wine or red?
White in summer.  Red in winter.  Either in between.

Coffee or tea?
Tea first thing in the morning, cappuccino mid morning, tea in the afternoon.

So you like to cook?  Do you have a favorite food?
No I don’t like cooking at all, I’ve had too many years of listening to my family’s negative reviews, so I’ve given up and my husband does the cooking.  However, I make cakes, I’ve always got one in the house.

What do you normally eat for breakfast, or do you skip it and get straight to work?
I normally eat a cinnamon and raisin bagel toasted with butter and drink a cup of tea.

Sleep in or get up early?
Up early, but sometimes I sleep in.

Laptop or desktop for writing?
Laptop

Your favorite gadget -
Kindle

Patti Says: me too, I have 2

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
I don’t have a set routine, but I try and knock out 2,000 words a day, five days a week.  If the weather is nice I like to perch on my comfy lounge room sofa, by the open double doors that lead into the back garden.  If it’s cold and miserable, I normally sit at a desk in the office.

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad -
I love a good book review, who doesn’t.  Bad - Oh dear, some reviewers can be nasty. I get pretty down after reading a horrible review, but I know ALL authors get bad reviews because books are subjective.  I would never write a nasty review though, I would just say, oh well that book wasn’t suited to me.

If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?
Chris Hemingworth... that would be enough I don’t need anyone else : )

Patti Says: he is my Lord Cerberus!

One of your favorite quotes -
Not just one.  I have lots of quotes I love, here’s five, you choose which one you like the most:

Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it.

'I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some
things back...'
~ Maya Angelou ~

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
~ Beverly Sills ~

The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. ~

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein


List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
Fifty Shades of Grey
Wuthering Heights - a good old favourite.
The Hunger Games

List 3 of your favorite movies?
Mother and Daughter
Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogs
Dirty Dancing - good old favourite.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and really enjoyed?
I don’t watch much TV, but when I do I like to watch The Good Wife, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice.

Where can your readers stalk you?






My facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/lana.davison.author - please feel free to come and like my page, the more the merrier.


Twitter: @LanaDavison



 Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both

Don’t You Remember is a breathtaking love story about Jen Redman’s love for musician Johnny Cromwell. The two of them embark on an electrifying, passionate relationship that will touch your heart. When Johnny temporarily leaves Jen to further his career as a musician, he had no idea it would be the last time he would see her again. The book twists and turns as it follows the characters through a decade, covering their time apart, as their career paths develop, and as they try and find love with other partners. It is touching, charming and the climax is both explosive and heart-warming. Are some things meant to be? Or will fate and timing decide it is not…..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...