Thursday, June 5, 2014

Author Interview with Kemka Ezinwo "Something New"

A big warm welcome to Kemka Ezinwo to my blog, the author of Something New.

Firstly, a little about the book:
Two women are hauled together by their husbands’ partnership but that’s not all they have in common. 
After five years of being married to Moses without any children to show for it, Athena is at a crossroad which is further exasperated by an obnoxious mother-in-law who brings in another woman to help the process; to top it off her husband is cheating on her.

Temitope has been married to Olamide for ten years. Although she has two daughters she desperately needs to give birth to a male child that will inherit her husband’s empire and secure her marriage. She is worried that a mistake she had made is costing her the opportunity of doing so and will do anything to ensure no other woman takes her place.
One thing is certain they’ll do anything to keep their marriage… but will they succeed?
Meanwhile, Moses starts a liaison with Cynthia who is in a contract marriage with Olamide and now she is pregnant…
Book review:
4.0 out of 5 stars A great find 
Review by V Wiltshire
I hadn't heard of this author before but I'm glad I took a chance. I really enjoyed this. It's an intriguing story of love, marriage, heart-breaking longing for children and betrayal.
Generally well written - lovely use of language. It is a book that is difficult to put down as you want to find out what happens next - I read it all in one go.

What inspired you to start writing, and when?
I’ve always written books in my head too lazy to put it to paper. So I settled for poems and song writing until 2011 when I decided to write short stories, but anything I wrote begged to be a full length novel and I’ll discard it. One day a friend came back from holiday with a book on Creative Writing then I realised that I had been on the right track but holding back.

What is your preferred genre?
I’m still working on that. So far, I read everything except Paranormal and erotic novel because I have an overactive imagination.

Where would you call home?
Well, I call anywhere I have friends and family home. I do like company a lot so long as they aren’t intrusive.

How many books have you written?  If more than one, are any a series…or trilogy?
Three, (if you add the one I’m presently working on). The first one is Twerking Cruxes and a Cloaked Visage.

Tell us a little about your book.
It’s about two old fashioned women and what they have to go through to protect their marriage while they try to get pregnant. A story of love, marriage, betrayal and friendship.

Do you have plans for a new book?
Yes, I’m presently working on two novels. I want to join NaNoWriMo this July to see how well I will fare.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Both. For me, they work hand in hand.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Yes, Maureen Jennings because I love Murdoch Mysteries.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Depends on where I am. EBooks are convenient and unconventional. If I have my laptop with me it will be an ebook but I love the feel of flipping through the pages of paperback.

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Any place so long as it’s easy to access. But I visit Amazon a lot.

Are you a self- published (Indie) Author?
Yes, I don’t think I would have been able to cope with waiting for a response from a traditional publisher.

What books would you like to read again?
The lion and the jewel   Wole Soyinka
The Lord of the Rings   J.R.R.Tolkien
Honor among thieves   Jeffrey Archer
Things fall apart   Chinua Achebe

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
Wedding hell by Jennifer Gilby Roberts in ebook format.

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out? If you dream of it, you can achieve it and by God dream big!

Do you write under a pen name?
No, but I was thinking of using one when I start writing for young adults.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
Yes.

If you were asked to get three things from grocery shop what would they be?
Coca-Cola,
Biscuit
Calamari

How did you come up with the title and cover design?
The name: Twerking Cruxes and a Cloaked Visage came only when the book was at its final stage of publishing. But Something New occurred to me with the idea of the story. I didn’t know of premade covers initially and had to change the cover of my first book twice. It took weeks of browsing websites of premade cover to get the one that caught the story.

How many hours per day do you try to devote to research and writing?
A whole day sometimes but an average of four hours, two or three times a week.

What are 3 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?
Paper, pencil and lip balm.

Sleep in or get up early?
Sleep in.

Laptop or desktop for writing?
No, paper and pencil.

Your favorite gadget?
My laptop.

Do you find yourself intrigued by the cover of a book enough to buy it? 
No.
From your experience, what are three important elements to writing a novel and the most important for aspiring authors?
I’m still new in this but I will say:
Consistent point of view (POV);
Have a character or characters that your readers would root for; &
Plot must be realistic

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
I prefer evenings or early in the morning. I’ll have to take a power nap before starting and wait another hour for my eyes to be fully open.

One of your favorite quotes – There is a reason why your assets are in front of you: it’s so you don’t look back.

List 3 of your favorite movies?
The Mummy;
Avatar;
Fast Five.

An actor you have a crush on -
Benedict Cumberbatch

Where can your readers stalk you? www.facebook.com/kemka.ezinwo

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both



Where can your readers stalk you? www.facebook.com/kemka.ezinwo

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both

Book links:





I hope you have enjoyed reading Author Kemka Ezinwo. Please show your support to indie authors and share this post with the links below. It is greatly appreciated! Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...