Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Author Interview – Beth Prentice, The Westport Mysteries


*PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED UNDER THE TITLE It Started With A House*
Meet Lizzie. She’s 31 and having a premature mid-life crisis. So, she bought a lonely, run-down old house that pulled on her heartstrings.
Don't miss out - 99c for a limited time.

But with the purchase, Lizzie gets more than she bargained for. She didn’t expect the engagement ring and letters of forbidden love hidden under the attic floorboards. She didn’t expect the lazy cat or the drop dead gorgeous handyman. And she definitely didn’t expect the stalker. 

As the renovation begins and the house starts to slowly return to its former glory, the letters dog her dreams. Why was the writer forced to turn away from his love? Why was their love forbidden? And why was this all hidden under the floorboards?

Filled with a drive to reunite the ring with its rightful owner, Lizzie engages the help of her new handyman, her crazy family and her sex-crazed Grandma, and sets on a journey of lost love, heartache, and public damnation.

But can Lizzie restore the house to its former glory, and find who it all once belonged to before her stalker catches up with her? Or will she lose everything...including her life?

What inspired you to start writing, and when? When I was younger I never had the desire to write. In fact it was the last thing I wanted to do. But my mum used to tell me a lot of stories about how she grew up in the war. These stories were always happy memories of hers and often they were very funny tales of what my Grandma used to get up to. I thought that those stories needed to be written down. However, when I started to write another story came to me. Completely fiction but had hints of truth in it. And Dangerous Deeds was born, lol

What is your preferred genre? Romantic suspense with a lot of humour.

How many books have you written?  If more than one, are any a series…or trilogy? I’ve written 7 books. At present, I have two books in each series and one stand alone. But I’m working on adding books in each series J

Tell us a little about your book. Dangerous Deeds is a story of family, love and how, no matter what, we are all equal and should be treated that way

Do you have plans for a new book? Yes, I’m working on the next in the series at the moment

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? Janet Evanovich and Sophie Kinsella. Can I have two? J

Was there an Author that inspired your writing? Yes, both of those that I’d like to meet!

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? I plot the story but fill it all in by the seat of my pants

Did you have an editor edit your books?
Definitely. I’ve had a couple – all brilliant! But at the moment I’m using the awesome Nas Dean

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? All of the above J

Where do you prefer to buy your books? Everywhere, but I love small bookstores and have a dream to one day open a book exchange with a difference!

Are you a self- published (Indie) Author? Yes, but I also have a publisher with my other series

What books would you like to read again? Whenever I need a pick me up I always reread Sophie Kinsella. It’s hard to pick a favorite but I love Twenties Girl and What’s Your Number?!  They are fun, light and feel good J

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version? I love movies, but I’m yet to find a movie of a book that I have read that is better than the book. For me, the book is always better!

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?  I’m currently reading Rachael Johns Talk of the Town in paperback

Who designed the cover of your book? The awesome and amazing Patti Roberts, Paradox Book Designs!!! And I’ll admit to being just a little bit in love with this cover J

Do you find yourself intrigued by the cover of a book enough to buy it?  Definitely. It’s the thing that makes me pick the book up in the first place

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out? Don’t doubt yourself!? 

Do you ever write in your PJ’s? No. I’m a get out of bed, walk straight into the shower kind of girl. I never feel ready for the day unless I’m showered and dressed. Even when I’m sick I still get out of bed and complete the morning routine J

What are your pet peeves? People who can’t park!

You are trapped on a tropical island - who would you like to be stranded with?
Lol, well the fantasy is Chris Hemsworth, but the reality is I’d rather be stuck with my hubby, kids and of course, my animals!!

Pick one - Wine, Chocolate or shoes? No contest – chocolate every time 
J

Cats or dogs? Both. The more the merrier

What is your favorite food and beverage? That’s a hard thing to choose. But when I told my daughter that I have at least 10 cups of coffee a day, she did mention that I may have a problem, lol. Funny thing is I only drink decaf!

How many hours per day do you try to devote to research and writing? I try to always spend 6 hours in my office, either doing the admin side of things or writing. Some days it’s more on the admin side and others it’s more writing

What are 3 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money, and phone)? Clothes, lippie and I always have to be wearing perfume. Does that count? J

Sleep in or get up early? Up early. When the weather is warmer I like to start the day with a walk along the beach at Mooloolaba.

Laptop or desktop for writing? Both, but mostly desktop

Your favorite gadget? I love my phone!

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing? I get most of my writing done in my office at home, but some days inspiration doesn’t strike. That’s when I grab the laptop and head to the beach. The sound of the waves clears my mind and helps get me back on track

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad -  Well, of course, it’s always nice to get those great reviews, and it hurts to get the bad ones. But my books aren’t for everyone, and I’m okay with that. I just prefer it when the reviewer is kind about it J

Do you have a bucket list? Kind of. I have some travel destinations that I’m slowly working through. We’ve done a lot of awesome places on the east coast of Australia, Alaska and Canada, and Hawaii. Western Australia is the next one on the list to visit

One of your favorite quotes – Life’s too short. Do it now

List 3 of your favorite movies? While You Were Sleeping, The Holiday, and anything with Chris Hemsworth, lol

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and really enjoyed? Wonder Woman. Man, she kicks butt!




Where can your readers stalk you? Your social media links:
My website: www.bethprentice.com,
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bethprenticenovels/
Your book link on Amazon: 
http://amzn.to/2xtmO4T


Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both

Do you give free ebooks away in exchange for honest reviews? I give ARC’s to my amazing reader team. For anyone that would like to be a part of that team, they can email me at beth@bethprentice.com and I’ll add them to the list.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world.  I hope you share this interview with your friends so we can all get to know you a little better.











1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...